St. Louis Modifications Attorneys

  • home
  • Modifications

Missouri Child Support Attorneys

Assistance Changing Family Court Orders

Whether positive or otherwise, new situations in the lives of divorced people and their children can mean that the terms of child support orders, child custody and visitation orders, or other court orders should be revised to keep pace with the new realities. If you need assistance with modification of your divorce judgment, custody arrangements or support arrangements, the Roberts Law Firm, P.C. can help.

To discuss your case with a St. Louis modifications lawyer, call us at 636-530-9199 or send us an e-mail.

Post-Divorce Modifications are Common

Family court judges have continuing jurisdiction and authority to make modifications to the terms of a child support order, spousal maintenance decree or parent’s child custody and visitation schedule. Any petition for modification of a family court order should be based on substantially changed circumstances. The greater those changes are, the more likely the court will be to grant the request for modification.

In cases concerning modification of child support payments, an upward or downward change of 20 percent or more in one parent’s income will result in a strong case, unless the party resisting the change presents an especially strong case to the contrary.

Another major change involves requests for relocation. These are extremely challenging, as they require building a plan that keeps both parents involved in the child’s life, despite the distance between them.

Assistance With Major or Minor Modifications

Modification requests in cases that present less drastic changes may still succeed. A strong case will need to be made to make it clear that they are necessary because the change has unexpectedly strong consequences or implications.

Our family law attorneys can review your situation to give you a good idea whether your case meets the court’s requirements to make a modification. Even if it does not, we may be able to work out a compromise agreement with the other party that will solve the immediate problem while protecting your interests.

Contact Us About Modification of Family Court Orders

We are prepared to use our more than 25 years of experience to benefit you. Send us an e-mail or call us at 636-530-9199.

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.