Driver Negligence Claims
Chesterfield Truck Accident Lawyers Serving St.Louis & Beyond
In any motor vehicle accident, there may be several parties at fault for the victim’s injuries. These parties include drivers, trucking companies, car and truck manufacturers, and independent contractors. The initiation of any investigation by The Roberts Law Firm, P.C. starts with reviewing the negligence of the driver who caused the accident.
To evaluate the case properly, our firm works with automotive and trucking industry experts, such as:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
Contributing & Causal Factors
Investigation may reveal that there were multiple factors contributing to or causing the car or truck accident. Driver negligence may be the sole or primary cause of an accident and resulting injuries.
Relevant factors to an evaluation of driver negligence include:
- Inattention or distraction by cell phone, texting, or changing the radio station
- Excessive speed and aggressive driving techniques
- Failure to properly handle the car or truck, e.g. following too closely, tailgating, improperly changing lanes, and changing lanes without signaling
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or traffic light
- Failure to recognize vehicles in blind spots when changing lanes or turning
- Driver fatigue demonstrated by excessive hours of driving
- Operator error and poor driving decisions
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Falsified trucking logs and maintenance records
- Improper safety policy and training
Medical Treatment Resulting from Driver Negligence
Car and truck driver negligence may cause serious injuries that require surgery, physical therapy, and continuing medical treatment. Trucking companies and their insurance providers often act immediately following an accident to obtain a favorable investigation and favorable recorded statements from witnesses. These actions are often done with the goal of minimizing liability and limiting recovery. Many injured victims receive quick, low-ball settlements offers following these preliminary investigations.
A Track Record of Success at Trial
The Roberts Law Firm, P.C. has years of experience in handling vehicle accident cases and has a record of success in obtaining the highest jury verdicts and settlement amounts. Roberts and his team use their legal training and expertise to prepare the most persuasive case possible.
You Initial Consultation
For a consultation with The Roberts Law Firm, P.C. about a serious accident, call (636) 590-4864 or contact us online. We want to help you get the medical care and compensation you need to start rebuilding your life.